Sunday 25 November 2012

Why "a quiet thunderstorm"?

A quiet thunderstorm. Sounds like a paradox, right? The dictionary defines "thunder" as "a loud, explosive, resounding noise". So, why did I name my blog "a quiet thunderstorm"?

Well, I've always been a fan of paradoxes... and it was only fitting that my blog's name would be a paradox, too. So... a quiet thunderstorm, as I mean it, is used to signify a raging storm of thoughts, passions, fantasies and emotions inside a mind; but the mind appears to be absolutely tranquil and at peace from outside. Yeah, that's what I mean by 'a quiet thunderstorm' :P


I told this to a friend once. He told me, "You really do watch a lot of movies..." :D


However, you are free to interpret "a quiet thunderstorm" in whichever way you want to. And if you do, do let me know :)

2 comments: